Oct 2020 - PresentPurdy & Associates
Managing Director - Economics & Technology Advisory
Sep 2007 - Sep 2020Accenture London
Managing Director—Economic Research
- Led Business Futures team (c.6 people) on mega trends shaping business and society.
Create and publish reports and articles related to economics, business and technology
- Created Business Futures scenarios and workshop methodology; run workshops with clients
across different industries to identify future opportunities, threats and challenges
- Led analysis of how next-wave technologies are shaping the future of consumption
- Co-authored two major reports on AI: “Why AI is the future of growth”; “How AI boosts
industry profits and growth”:
- Co-authored Accenture report “The Industrial internet of things: the growth game changer”
- Published widely in tier-I media and business journals on these topics (e.g. HBR)
- Led major report (“The Power of Three”) on China’s productivity challenge
- Regularly speak at economics and industry conferences on topics related to next-wave
technologies such as AI, digital skills, and digital fragmentation
- Advised Accenture’s top leadership on macroeconomic trends affecting business
- Regularly present research insights to a variety of clients
- Contributed to many other thought leadership topics and overall thought leadership agenda
May 2003 - Aug 2007Accenture London
Senior Manager—Policy & Corporate Affairs
- Led thought leadership research on a variety of topics, including globalization, jobs of the future, European competitiveness, and European Single Market.
Oct 2000 - April 2003Accenture London
Manager—Policy & Corporate Affairs
- Led research on a variety of economic/business topics, including scenarios for the future of
globalization, innovating for the upturn, and business responsibility.
- Wrote speeches and articles for Accenture International Chairman on globalization and other topics.
June 1999 - Oct 2000Competition Commission, London
Undertook economic analysis of industry and market structures for monopoly and merger investigations
Jan 1996 - June 1999Consumers’ Association, London
Senior Policy Researcher / Principal Policy Researcher
Undertook policy research on issues such as telecommunications regulation and competition policy.
Regularly represented views in media.
May 1993 – Oct 1993National Economic and Social Council, Dublin
Economist (temporary contract)
Economic research on tourism, labour markets and competition policy for a report on a long-term
strategy for the Irish economy.
1991Trinity College Dublin
M.Litt, in Economics
1991. Dissertation: “The Economics of Non-profit Enterprise”
1988Trinity College Dublin
B.A. Hons in Economics
Achieved a 2. 1 in economics from Trinity College Dublin.
Knowledges & Skills
- Machine Learning
- Digital Twins
- Virtual Reality
- Labour Markets
- Team Management
- Project Management
- Economic Analysis
- Thought Leadership Content Development
- Editing & Writing
- Trends & Scenarios
- Technology Insights
- Regulatory Analysis